Vinho Verde Festival NYC JUNE 20-27
Looking for something to do this summer? Spend a few days in New York City during Vinho Verde Wine festival from June 20-27.
I just received the upcoming press release from the Vinho Verde Regional Viticultural Commission (CVRVV) of Portugal with the details of participating retailers and restaurants.View additional details on Vinho Verde Week participants and events at www.vinhoverde.com/week. Be sure to visit the Vinho Verde website; www.vinhoverde.com. The website will give you the history of this exclusive wine grown only in the Northwest of Portugal. There’s an extensive list of the vineyards, best wine routes and even the best brands. I also found a great video with breathtaking scenes of this beautiful wine region. Just click on the media page which has a link to download the English version.
Have a great time in NYC!….
NEW YORK, NY (June 14, 2011) – The Vinho Verde Regional Viticultural Commission (CVRVV) of Portugal presents the second annual Vinho Verde Week, taking place June 20 – 27, 2011. During the week, top restaurants in New York City and surrounding areas will celebrate the food-friendly nature of Vinho Verde by offering special pairing menus and by-the-glass selections. Additionally, participating retailers will host complimentary in-store Vinho Verde tastings.
New Yorkers can enjoy these specials during the first week of summer and discover firsthand why the fruity aromas and light, crisp, vivacious flavors of Vinho Verde make the wines ideal for the warmer months. Vinho Verde wines have balanced acidity and are light in alcohol and calorie content, making them enjoyable on their own or when paired with a fresh summer dish.
“Vinho Verde Week is a great opportunity for consumers to try various Vinho Verde wines and see how well they pair with seafood, salads and international cuisines, such as Latin and Asian-inspired dishes,” said Manuel Pinheiro, Executive President of the CVRVV. “Last year’s program was a great success and we are thrilled at the growing enthusiasm for Vinho Verde wines among restaurants, retail shops and even consumers.”
Vinho Verde Week is part of a three-year campaign, underwritten by CVRVV and the European Union, to increase interest and awareness for Vinho Verde wines and the Vinho Verde region of Portugal in the U.S.
Complimentary Vinho Verde Week in-store tastings include:
New York City
- 67 Wine & Spirits (Saturday, June 25, from 4-7 p.m.)
- Alcomir Liquors – Mineola, NY (Saturday, June 25, from 4-7 p.m.)
- Best Cellars, Upper West Side (Thursday, June 23, from 5-8 p.m.)
- Best Cellars, Upper East Side (Saturday, June 25, from 3-6 p.m.)
- Blue Streak Wines & Spirits (Friday, June 24, from 6-9 p.m.)
- Bowery & Vine (Thursday, June 23, from 6-8 p.m.)
- Casa Oliveira Wines (Tuesday, June 21, from 5-8 p.m.)
- The Chelsea Wine Vault (Thursday, June 23, from 4-7 p.m. & Sunday, June 26, 2-5 p.m.)
- Garnet Wines & Liquors (Monday, June 27, from 4:30-7:30 p.m.)
- K&D Wines and Spirits (Thursday, June 23, from 4-7 p.m.)
- Liquorland – Suffern, NY (Saturday, June 25, TBD)
- Red White and Bubbly (Wednesday, June 22, from 6-9 p.m.)
- September Wines & Spirits (Wednesday, June 22, from 6:30-9:30 p.m.)
- Stew Leonard’s – Yonkers, NY (Friday, June 24, from 4-8 p.m.)
- Stew Leonard’s – Farmingdale, NY (Sunday, June 26, from 1-5 p.m.)
- Union Square Wines (Saturday, June 25, from 2-5 p.m.)
- Varmax Liquor Pantry – Port Chester, NY (Sunday, June 26, from 2-5 p.m.)
- Vino (Friday, June 24, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.)
- The Wine Hut (Friday, June 24, from 5-9 p.m. & Saturday, June 25, from 4-8 p.m.)
- LBV Cellars – Newark (Friday, June 24, from 5-8 p.m.)
- Little Bros. Beverage Outlet – Flemington (Friday, June 24, from 4-7 p.m.)
- Lisbon Wines – Newark (Friday, June 24, from 6-9 p.m. & Saturday, June 25, from 11-3 p.m.)
- Seabra Supermarket – Newark (Saturday, June 25, from 12-5 p.m.)
- Seabra Supermarket – Kearny (Saturday, June 25, from 12-5 p.m.)
- Stew Leonard’s Wines – Clifton (Friday, June 24, from 4-7 p.m.)
- Stew Leonard’s – Paramus (Friday, June 24, 3-7 p.m.)
- Stew Leonard’s – Norwalk (Saturday, June 25, from 1-5 p.m.)
The following participating Vinho Verde Week restaurants will offer menu specials during the week:
- Bar Luna
- Blind Tiger Ale House
- Café Español
- Cavatappo Grill
- Cavatappo Wine Bar
- Churrascaria Plataforma
- Churrascaria TriBeCa
- City Crab
- Docks Oyster Bar
- Ember Room
- Greenwich Grill
- H2O Seafood Grill
- Ideya Latin Bistro
- Jack’s Oyster Bar
- Jewel Bako
- L’Ecole – The Restaurant of the French Culinary Institute
- Los Feliz
- Macao Trading Co.
- Mad Dog & Beans
- Mullanes Bar and Grill
- Oak Wine Bar
- The Oyster Bar at Grand Central
- Pier 9
- Tellers Chophouse
- Tolani Wine Restaurant
- Zigolini’s Downtown
- Zigolini’s Hell’s Kitchen
View additional details on Vinho Verde Week participants and events at www.vinhoverde.com/week.
……..Meanwhile; here’s some great music to get you in the mood for the event!
Robert Leal sings-Vinho Verde e Campania– Roberto_Leal_-_Vinho_Verde
Roberto Leal sings- Verde Vinho–www.youtube.com
Paulo Alexandre sings-Verde Vinho–www.youtube.com