Peach Blueberry Tart – Pastel de Pêssego e Mirtilo
You’ll love this fresh summer tart. My daughter Lisa made it last weekend for my niece’s bridal shower and it was a big hit! In fact it was such a big hit we barely got a chance to try it. I looked over at the dessert table and noticed one little piece left, so I got up and took the last delicious square. We’ll be making a lot this summer during peach season. Lisa had many requests for the recipe and here it is! Enjoy it everyone!
- 1 package of puff pastry (I used pepperidge farm)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 large peaches (sliced into thin slices)
- 1 cup blueberries (washed and pat dry)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pre heat oven to 425 and set aside.
- The package comes with 2 sheets but I used only 1. (The dough should be thawed but very cold, store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the tart.) Score the dough to form along the 1-inch border. Prick the remaining dough using the a fork.
- Gently toss peach slices and blueberries in a bowl, with 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon sugar and salt.
- Whip cream cheese with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and spread in a thin layer over crust inside border.
- Arrange the peaches layered into 3 sections with blueberries on the borders, or as desired. Place on parchment paper and bake 15-20 minutes until the crust is light golden brown. (check bottom of the tart, it should be golden and slightly crusty)
- Stir together apricot preserves and water until thinned and rush crust and fruit.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into desired squared. Serve warm or room temperature.
Recipe adapted from: http://foodbabbles.com/2013/08/blueberry-peach-tart/