Crunchy Snickerdoodle Cookies
Last week I wanted to make a dessert but discovered that I was out of flour. I searched the pantry and found 1 box of yellow cake mix so this is what I came up with.
The cookies came out crunchy on the outside and chewing on the inside!
They were such a hit with my family that they insisted I have to put them on my Holiday baking list!
I posted a print out recipe for you…you’ll love it!
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup fruit and nut granola
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup veg oil
- Coating mix
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients except coating mix of sugar and cinnamon, into a large bowl and mix well. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the dough and form into balls.
- Make sugar coating by combining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip each ball into the mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- *The dough will be dry when you make the balls just pack it firmly.
- Flatten the cookies into a cookie shape about 2-3 inches wide.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes until the cookies are slightly browned on the bottom.
- Let cool and enjoy!