Spicy Piri Piri Oven Fries
After you try this recipe, you’ll never make regular french fries again! They’re so easy to make and no frying needed!
I used ground Piri Piri but you can substitute with cayenne pepper or even 1 tsp of Tabasco if you can’t find Piri Piri.
However, if you use the liquid form, coat the fries with the Piri Piri, along with the olive oil as in step 2.
If you like really hot and spicy fries add more Piri Piri or Tabasco.
2 lbs Russet Potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground Piri Piri pepper or cayenne pepper
1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
Canola Oil Cooking Spray
1. Wash and slice potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges leaving the skin on.
2. Dry the potatoes with paper towels, place them into a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over the fries. Toss the fries to coat them with the olive oil.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix salt, pepper, garlic, piri piri pepper, and bread crumbs, and mix well.
4. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the fries and toss well until the fries are coated.
5. Spray a large cookie sheet with a heavy coating of the cooking spray and spread the fries evenly on the pan.
6. Spray the top of the fries with a coating of the cooking spray.
7. Cook at 400 for about 20 minutes. Your fries will be crispy on the bottom, if not, leave them cooking for a few more minutes.
8. Flip over each fry to crisp the other side. Cook for another 20 minutes or until they are fully cooked and crispy.
*Note: Season with more salt if needed.