It’s Party time! This recipe is my family’s favorite. I make it for every celebration because it’s easy, delicious and meant to be shared.
You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like just by adding more Piri Piri sauce, Tabasco, or your favorite hot sauce.
Basically it’s like a party in a pan!…Serve with a very dry white wine such as; Portuguese Vinho Verde, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, or Gewurztraminer.
Make sure you have fresh crusty bread for dipping into the sauce.
Watch my appearance on WWLP Springfield last year on Valentines Day.
2 pounds uncooked shrimp (30-40 size, unpeeled, defrosted )
1 very small onion (finely chopped)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 Chicken Bouillon cube
1/4 cup Portuguese Vinho Verde or very dry white wine
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp corn starch
2-3 tsp Piri Piri or Tabasco or any hot sauce (Add more if you like it really hot)
1/2 cup water
1. In a large skillet saute onions in olive oil on med heat until translucent but not browned.
2. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 min. Stir
3. Add the paprika, salt, bouillon cube, wine and Tabasco. Stir and Cook for 1 minute.
4. Make a slurry with 1/4 – 1/2 cup water and corn starch-(mix together in small cup until the corn starch is dissolved) Stir into the shrimp.
5. Cook until the sauce thickens and the shrimp are pink. Taste the sauce and add more salt or Tabasco if desired.
Do not over cook or they will become chewy.
Serve in deep side with crusty Bread on the side for dipping.
Add more hot sauce or Tabasco, or even Jalapeno peppers, if you like it really hot